So what is a "First Look"?
A first look is to see each other on this momentous day, before that walk down the aisle. This is a great way to still see the groom light up when he see's you for the first time in your dress, and a big perk, you can actually take a minute to connect. Often times because of the wedding ceremony schedule the couple doesn't really get a chance to hug, kiss or talk to each other until the end of the ceremony.
Here are some pros and cons to consider when deciding if seeing each other before is something you would like to do.
- If you’re extremely traditional, a First Look could take away from the build up and suspense of walking down the aisle.
- Your guests won’t be able to see that “first look” you and your groom have when you’re walking down the aisle.
- Chances are good that you might cry when walking down the aisle and seeing each other for the first time because of excitement.
- You can revel in seeing each other for the first time, soak it up, and enjoy some quiet moments alone with each other. Cry, laugh, do a little dance- whatever you want to do!
- You will get some awesome photographs of you and your soon-to-be husband and have ample time to do so. The emotion captured by your photographer is truly a once in a lifetime emotion.
- Having a First Look will allow you to have most, if not all of your photos done before the ceremony. Then you can go right to the reception and have fun with your new husband and the bridal party.
- You won’t feel rushed getting pictures taken after the ceremony.
- Often our couples finish all their photos, have time to go touch up hair and make up if need be, hang out with their wedding party, have a drink and relax in those last few minutes before the ceremony.
As you can see, there are A LOT of pros to having a First Look. Doing a First Look is completely your decision, just as everything for your wedding should be is. We're just here to share some insight and personal experience. And that insight and personal experience is having a First Look is totally worth it. Just some food for thought for all you brides out there!